I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but we are mid-June – which means this year is halfway done (?!).
Can you believe it? January feels like a lifetime ago, and yet it seems impossible that half of 2022 is behind us.
What were your goals at the start of the year? Do you remember?
Now is a great time to check in, reflect on how things have been going and make any shifts needed to ensure you finish the year where you want to be.
This process doesn’t have to be time-consuming or complicated.
I’ve broken it down into a 3-step framework you can use to do this in about 20 minutes.
You can use this for a wellness/health goal, or any other type of goal you set for yourself this year.
Grab a pen + paper (or a word doc), and dive into these questions:
Step 1: REFLECT.
- What were your goals at the start of this year? If you wrote them down, take a look back. Think about where you were at the end of 2021 and what you were looking forward to achieving in 2022.
- Where are you in relation to those goals now? At the halfway point of this year, what percentage of your goal have you achieved?
- What has been working and going well? What hasn’t? Looking back at your calendar, where have you been spending your time and energy?
(Important: Be honest with yourself, but not judgmental! We’re all always doing the best we can in any given moment; this is just an opportunity to check in. Give yourself grace.)
Step 2: REASSESS.
- Is your goal still the same? Has your desired outcome shifted at all? Do you have any new goals you want to achieve in the second half of this year?
- Are there unexpected blocks that have come up as you’ve taken action toward your goals? (These might look like distractions, changes in circumstances, unforeseen challenges.)
- Does the plan you intended to use to achieve your goal need to be tweaked or replaced?
Step 3: RESET.
- How will you reset at this point to set yourself up for success in the second half of the year?
- What is your strategy for achieving your goal in the next 6 months? What will you continue from the last 6 months, and what will you do differently going forward?
- How will you ensure you stick to your plan? What can you do to create accountability for yourself?
Being thoughtful at this point in the year about how you’re showing up and what you’re working towards can support you in seeing your goals achieved by year-end.
I want this for you! And I love this time of year because we’re far enough along that it’s motivating to get into action, and yet there’s still plenty of time left for you to achieve all you want to in 2022.